QuickBooks Accounting Software is used by many small and medium-sized businesses and freelance professionals to complete the accounting requirements. But, you also know that every software or application has some kind of error while working or when you do upgrading the software. Also, QuickBooks Error Code H202 is one of the H-series errors in QuickBooks accounting software. This QuickBooks Error H202 generates whenever the workstation cannot communicate with the organization. Also, you cannot approach the company file. So, in this blog, you will know the solutions and cause of the QuickBooks Error H202.
QuickBooks Error H202 generates when the user is working on QuickBooks multi-user mode. And, the multi-user mode connection to the server is stuck. This error generally occurs when a company file is stored on another computer. And, you fail to open the company file.
Firstly, let’s know the causes of QuickBooks Error code H202.
QuickBooks Error H202: Causes
This H202 error occurs because of one of these reasons:
- The QuickBooks Database Server Manager is corrupted.
- And, the communication path is blocked by the computer’s security software.
- The DNS setting is damaged or unacceptable.
- Or, cannot communicate with the server.
- The setting of hosting configuration is incorrect.
- Or, the company files.
- QBCF Monitor or QuickBooks DBXX is not running.
- The QuickBooks software might be stuck.
- Or your system is not working properly.
- Users of QuickBooks cannot work in the multi-user mode.
- You get the notification of QuickBooks Error H202.
- Cannot access the company file which is stored on the other system.
How to Solve QuickBooks Error Code H202
Step 1: Check how to host your company files.
Firstly, install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager for each QuickBooks version you use. Your computer acts as a server for hosting your company file. And, when you successfully installed the Database Server Manager, then follow these below steps:
Steps to set up the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- The Full Program Option: Install the full QuickBooks Desktop version and Database Server manager in your server computer.
- Or, The Server Only Option: You can only install the Database Server Manager for your server.
Step 2: Download the QuickBooks Tools Hub
The QuickBooks Tools Hub has some features that can solve these common errors. And, if you use this tool in Windows 10, 64-bit then, you will get the better experience.
- Firstly, shut the QuickBooks.
- And, we recommend you to install the most latest version of the QuickBooks Tools Hub (22.214.171.124). And, save the file in that location where you can easily retrieve it.
If you have already installed the QuickBooks Tool Hub then, check the version of this tool by clicking on the Home button. And, the version will be shown on the bottom right corner either click on the About button to view the version.
- Then, go and open the file which you have downloaded.
- Read the instructions displayed on the screen. And, agree to the terms and conditions.
- After finishing the installation, double-click on the app shown on the desktop.
Step 3: Run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager in your server
- Click on the Network Issue option from the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Select the QuickBooks Database Server Manager. And you got notification to install the QuickBooks latest version, if you haven’t installed it already.
- Then, go to the QuickBooks Database Server Manager tool, click on the Start Scan if the company file is shown on the screen. And, if it is not shown on the screen then find the company file and click on the Start Scan.
- Also the QuickBooks Database Server Manager will fix your firewall permission itself. Then click on close, after scanning has done.
- When you see the H202 error then, open the QuickBooks on each workstation. Choose the File and change to multi-user mode. And, if your workstation is also your server computer then check it too.
Step 4: Check the Services on your Computer
- Firstly, open the Windows Start Menu on your computer.
- Then, enter the RUN into the search bar and click on RUN option.
- Enter “services.msc” in the Run Window then click on Enter Button.
- Click on the Automatic for the Startup type.
- And ensure that Service status is either on running mode or going to start. And if not then click on Start.
- After that, click on the Recovery button.
- Then, click on the Restart the Service from the drop-down list.
- Click on the Apply button and then Ok.
- And, repeat these all the services for QBCFMonitorService.
Step 5: Add Services to your Windows admin group
Allow the QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitorService permission for your server computer, if you already did not allow it.
Step 6: Configure the Firewall Settings
The firewall of your system might stop the data between your QuickBooks and server. To solve this, follow the steps:
- Create exceptions in the firewall settings.
- Change the permission of your firewall and then open the QuickBooks on each workstation.
- Then click on the Multi-user mode under the File Menu.
Step 7: Ping your server from your Workstation
To check the connection then, ping your server from your workstation.
- Open the Windows Start Menu on the server and the workstation.
- Type the Network into the search bar and open the Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on the Change Advanced Sharing Settings.
- Ensure that Switch on the Network discovery is ticked in the Network Discovery and File and Printer Sharing section.
Step 8: Create a New folder for QuickBooks Company File
- Create a new folder on the server.
- Then change the permissions so that the new folder can be shared.
- And to copy the .qbw file, press the CTRL+C key.
- Open your company file in the multi-user mode.
- Then, check that the Error H202 is appearing or not.
The solutions which are given above will surely help you to solve the QuickBooks Error Code H202. But, if still you have any issue to solve this error or any other error related to QuickBooks. Then, contact us at QuickBooks Support Phone Number.