QuickBooks Error Code -6123, 0 describes “connection to the QuickBooks company file has been lost”, you may experience it when you open a work territory record in multiple-user environments.
QuickBooks Error Code -6123, 0 also occurs when you are trying to upgrade and open a company file. In this, Your QuickBooks data files or network setup Troubleshoot, when upgrading a company file to a new latest version of QuickBooks, opening a company file in multi-user mode, opening a company file over a network, or restoring a backup, you have facing error 6123, 0 and your link to the company file has been lost.
What are the causes of QuickBooks Error Code -6123, 0?
- It occurs when we are trying to restore a backup from a removable storage device.
- When our company file is open on a newer version of QuickBooks which restricts us from accessing our company files.
- When there is a corrupt network connection establishment in between the computer on which the error started and the server hosting the company file was disorganized.
- Firewall software blocks a port which is necessary to interact with the server hosting the company file.
- It occurs when the multiple instances of the QuickBooks database service are running.
- QuickBooks program files and data are corrupted and damaged.
- QuickBooks company file was modified and altered while hosting was turned on.
- Installation of McAfee Privacy Service along with the Block Web Bugs filter option selected.
- Our QuickBooks software has been attacked or triggered by a virus, threats, or any such malicious files.
- Multiple instances of the QuickBooks database service are running at the same time.
- There must be some problems with the firewall settings of the software which is restricting or blocking the server from hosting our company files.
- Damaged company file.
- Damaged Windows user.
Some causes are very easy to troubleshoot. The Block Web Bugs filter in McAfee’s software is contradictory with QuickBooks and required to be turned off. When the computer name on the computer hosting the company file was changed or modified, you have to close all applications, restart that computer, and then first stop and re-start multi-user mode. Specific steps for these possible causes can easily be discussed with our QuickBooks Error Support Team and get help from us.
QB Error Code -6123, 0 when upgrading company file to a new version of QuickBooks
If you experience the error code -6123, 0 while turning a QuickBooks Desktop 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 (Enterprise 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, or 9.0) file to QuickBooks Desktop 2015, 2016, 2017 or 2018 (Enterprise 15.0, 16.0, 17.0 or 18.0) you have to try the following:
- Firstly, Run the QuickBooks File Doctor and start fixing your Company file or network.
- If you are working on a computer that contains QuickBooks 2009, 2010, 2011 or 2012 installed, you can try restoring or converting the file in the old version first, before opening the file in the new QuickBooks version.
- If you don’t have QuickBooks 2009, 2010, 2011, or 2012 installed.
- Start upgrading a new version of QuickBooks Pro or Premier, you can install the QuickBooks Accountant 2010 or the QuickBooks Premier 2012 to convert any QuickBooks Pro or Premier files before opening them in an updated version.
- And upgrading a new version of QuickBooks Enterprise, you can install the QuickBooks Enterprise 12.0 version to convert any QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise files before opening them in the updated new version.
- If the Upgrade version did not work properly or stopped working, just do the following:
- Create a transferable company file using the old/current version of QuickBooks.
- Relocate the transferable company file with the help of a new version of QuickBooks you are upgrading to.
Reinstallation by using a clean install of your QuickBooks new version, and attempt the conversion instantly when opening the program.
QB Error Code -6123, 0 when the opening company file in QuickBooks
- Download and Run QB File Doctor
- Fix settings manually
- Reinstall QuickBooks
- Troubleshoot possible data damage
What are the steps to resolve QuickBooks Error Code -6123, 0?
Ways to fix QuickBooks error code -6123, 0?
Here, we define separate solutions to troubleshoot QuickBooks error code -6123, 0 which are as follows:
Solution 1: QuickBooks File Doctor
Firstly, troubleshoot it by downloading the QuickBooks file doctor tool from the internet and run it on our device. The QuickBooks file doctor tool is specially designed to fix issues and very useful when we need to detect the presence of damaged, corrupted files or folders on our device. Although, it does not prove itself to be valuable if we want to detect certain errors in our device. If any damaged file is found then we can follow either of the two ways mentioned here:
Restoring the backup of your company files. It will help you to get back all the data and information successfully which were present in your company files.
Although, if you are not being able to access your company file in any possible way, then you will have to directly contact the QuickBooks Data Recovery Team. They will help you in getting back all your lost data.
Solution 2: Establishment of Network Connection
The second solution is to check the established network connection of our software with the host computer. For executing this, you will have to download the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool from the internet and run it on our device to detect any problems related to network connections.
Solution 3: Fix the Network Data File
Now you can also try to fix the network data file to fix this error. The steps are as follows:
- Press the Start button and right-click on it.
- From the menu list that appears, click on
- Check your company file.
Solution 4 Reinstallation of QuickBooks
If the error continues, then you should remove QuickBooks from your system and reinstall it on your device once again. Hopefully, it will settle down all your issues.
Solution 5 Move Company File
If the path of the folder in which the company file is present is too long or complex, the software might have difficulty in accessing it. A successful option for this issue is to move your company file to a new location or directory. You could try copying the file to the desktop and see if it resolves the issue. Here we define the simple steps you have to follow:
- Go to the folder where your company document is located.
- Browse for documents that have the same file name as your company name but with a different extension (QBW extension).
- Right-click on the file and click on copy.
- Move to the desktop. Right-click at the desktop and then click on Paste.
- Open QuickBooks by Press and hold the Ctrl key. This may take you to the No Company Open window.
- Select Open and navigate to the Desktop.
- Select the company file which you had copied to Desktop.
Steps for Damaged Data records
- Press two keys simultaneously Windows+E, Windows Explorer will open.
- Go to the envelope containing an association record.
- Right snap on the record contains the association archive name close by extension .nd.
- Rename it with .ndold.
- Press enter.
- QB will instantly create or make new data records for your association.
- Then, again go to work territory, go to association records, and change to single-customer.
- Select a report and pick the utility.
- In the wake of doing considered things, select hosts multi-customer get to and eventually switch back to multi-customer picking the record.
Hopefully, the blog QuickBooks Error Code -6123, 0 really helps, for specific troubleshooting steps to resolve the other possible causes of this error, For further help, you can Contact QB Tech Support Phone Number and get expert assistance in less than a minute. In this blog, we will try to provide all successive, best, and effective solutions to fix QB error 6123. If any of the given methods don’t work in your case then connect immediately with our QB experts to get the valuable and innovative solutions to fix the issues related to QuickBooks or its products which include QuickBooks Hosting, POS, Premier and many more.